Enhance this

April 7, 2010

Gov. Brad Henry is urging people to come up with ideas for -- oh, what's the phrase? -- revenue enhancements. Here's one idea that deserves your consideration: If you think the government is too small, you are perfectly free to put your money where your mouth is. Oklahoma law allows you to make voluntary contributions to state government. The statute (§60-383) says that "gifts of cash or the equivalent of cash shall be made to and receipted for by the Director of State Finance." So by all means, feel free to write a check and send it to the Office of State Finance, 2300 N. Lincoln Boulevard, Room 122, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105.