Interns are assigned to policy or marketing and assist OCPA staff with projects and events. This internship is for undergraduates (regardless of major), graduate students or law students with a strong commitment to the principles of free enterprise and limited government.
OCPA’s office is located just south of the state capitol building, giving interns the opportunity to network with lawmakers, legislative and administrative agency staff, policy experts and the media on a weekly basis.
If you would like to apply for a policy internship or a marketing internship, please email your resume and a cover letter stating why you would like to help further the OCPA mission to Alex Jones at [email protected].Apply
The Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs (OCPA) was founded in 1993 as a public policy research organization focused primarily on state-level issues. OCPA conducts its research and analysis from a perspective of limited government, individual liberty and a free-market economy.
The Communications Manager will help turn policy ideas and analysis into effective messages and deliver them to target audiences including state legislators and grassroots citizen activists. This position is integral to the success of OCPA and requires an entrepreneurial person who enjoys both the art and the craft of effective communication and who shares our principles. This role is located in Oklahoma City, OK at OCPA’s office. Compensation will be based on experience and will be competitive within our sector and region.
- Execute OCPA’s communication and marketing plan as directed by the Communications Director
- Manage day-to-day social media efforts, including content publishing and community management
- Manage website content
- Manage editorial calendar and act as organization’s traffic manager
- Assist with email marketing efforts, including list management and email formatting
- Assist with media outreach as needed
- Monitor news coverage related to OCPA
- Some in-state and out-of-state travel is required
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in communications or marketing, including but not limited to social media, email marketing, writing, and media relations (internships may be considered experience).
- Education: BA in a related field (public relations, marketing, journalism, political science, English, etc.) preferred
- Creativity: willingness and capacity to search out and think up new ideas to solve problems and meet objectives, both individually and as part of a team
- Written Communications: demonstrable command of the English language, including the ability to write engaging and effective prose for the general public (writing samples required)
- Technical Skills: minimum requirement is familiarity with Microsoft Outlook and Word, as well as common social media platforms. Experience with content management systems and MailChimp is preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in this role/OCPA and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.Apply