Interns are assigned to policy or marketing and assist OCPA staff with projects and events. This internship is for undergraduates (regardless of major), graduate students or law students with a strong commitment to the principles of free enterprise and limited government.
OCPA’s office is located just south of the state capitol building, giving interns the opportunity to network with lawmakers, legislative and administrative agency staff, policy experts and the media on a weekly basis.
If you would like to apply for a policy internship or a marketing internship, please email your resume and a cover letter stating why you would like to help further the OCPA mission to Alex Jones at [email protected].Apply
Donor Relations Manager
The Donor Relations Manager will work closely with the Vice President of Development and Operations, as well as OCPA senior leadership, to implement an integrated fundraising strategy. He or she will develop long-term relationships with existing supporters and key prospects and will solicit current and prospective donors for financial support for OCPA. The Donor Relations Manager will interact with donors through one-on-one visits, telephone calls, and written correspondence, keeping them informed of OCPA’s work. The Donor Relations Manager will also assist in the management and execution of internal operations and projects of the development department of OCPA. This position is integral to the success of OCPA and requires someone who shares our principles, understands our priorities, and cares about building relationships. This role will be based at OCPA’s headquarters in Oklahoma City.
- Build relationships with OCPA supporters and prospects for the purpose of helping them support our work financially
- Interact with donors through one-on-one visits, telephone calls, and written correspondence to keep them informed of our work
- Solicit current and prospective donors for financial support for OCPA
- Work with the Vice President of Development and Operations and senior leadership to implement an integrated fundraising strategy, including individual, foundation and corporate supporters
- Record donor interactions in OCPA’s Salesforce database
- Track progress and analyze results
- Assist VP of Development on other various tasks and/or projects as needed
Qualifications & Skills
- 0-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong relationship-building skills and an outgoing, friendly personality
- Excellent ability to communicate, including in writing
- An understanding of and strong commitment to the principles of limited government, free enterprise, and personal responsibility
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to execute a plan independently
- Ability to multi-task, organize numerous moving parts of a project, and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and an ability to use donor databases and conduct online research
- Experience interacting with individual donors preferred, but not required
- Relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree are preferred
- Places high value on work: has the ability to self-start projects and see them through to completion, no matter how long it takes, with a high attention to detail
- Relationship builder: Cares about and has a voracious curiosity about people, team player, and ability to put people at ease
- Gravitas: has a humble confidence
- Growth mindset: Always learning, takes personal responsibility for performance, sets goals and wants to win
- Overcomer: Has emotional resilience and the ability to deal with difficult situations while maintaining performance
Compensation will be based on experience and will be competitive within our sector and region. Extensive in-state travel will be required (3 to 4 days per week). Occasional overnight and out-of-state travel will be also be required.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in this role/OCPA and your salary requirements
- 2 writing samples (donor correspondence samples are ideal; otherwise, writing samples that demonstrate your persuasiveness)
- 3 professional references; include a phone number and email address and your relationship with the reference
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link:
Questions can be directed to Katy Gambella, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.Apply