| May 15, 2012
Constitutional seminar for Oklahoma teachers
The Bill of Rights Institute, a nonprofit organization which provides educational resources on America’s founding documents, is hosting a professional-development seminar for teachers on September 20 in Tulsa. According to the Institute, participants will:
- Receive a complimentary copy of Supreme Court DBQs, which includes the following cases listed in Oklahoma’s C3 Standards: Marbury v. Madison (1803), Dred Scott v. Sanford (1857), Plessy v. Ferguson (1896), Brown v. Board of Education (1954), Mapp v. Ohio (1961), Miranda v. Arizona (1966), Roe v. Wade (1973), U.S. v. Nixon (1974).
- Discuss Brown v. Board of Education (1954), Plessy v. Ferguson (1896), Regents of the University of California v. Bakke (1978), and other cases related to Equal Protection.
- Analyze how the Supreme Court has interpreted the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution.
- Discuss historically based, expert methods to address these topics in your classes.
- Receive a professional-development certificate for 6 seat hours.
OCPA highly recommends this seminar.